The item list should be removed and the information placed on the item's and/or NPC's own page. The item page for usefulness, the NPC page for relevance. - Dashiva 12:09, 17 Jan 2006 (UTC)
Hey since I dont know how to make a template...
Could someone make an NPC template, suggestion to include: Name, Location, Buy/Sell, Exchange, any others? people can put quest as a sidenote. -MrMunchie
- There's Template:npc for basic info. NPC interaction is best handled as page sections, in my opinion. - Dashiva 22:20, 4 April 2006 (UTC)
- Alright thanks Dashiva, and should I list their Buy/Sell as "Buy/Sell" or "Shop"? -MrMunchie 5:56, 5 April 2006 (PST)
do the other areas have npc lists? cania, bonta, amakna, etc? or have they just not been done yet?
- as NPCs can be added, deleted, renamed etc. I think it's pretty stupid to maintain NPC lists, and even more stupid to have more than 1 place (this page and the Brakmar NPCs page for example. Wouldn't it be much easier to use categories ("Category:NPC/Bonta", "Category:NPC/Brakmar", etc. on the NPC pages?
The template could even take care of it and generate the category from the Region field. --Lirielle 14:09, 8 January 2007 (UTC)
- (Quoting myself from User talk:Cizagna:) ...I don't think it is reasonable to have all NPCs on one page, even sorted by region, because there are simply too many NPCs to display on one page. So I'd rather have the NPC page refer to separate NPC/Amakna, NPC/Astrub... pages. Therefore, I'm leaving the changes as they are unless there are objections. When the "NPC/(area)" category pages are reasonably populated, I'm planning to edit this NPC page to leave only links to the separate categories. This will avoid the maintenance issues I raised hereabove. --Lirielle 17:37, 8 January 2007 (UTC)
- The ncp section is basically abandon when i started to do stuff here was one of my first works as i gave all the npc a standardize look and added more than half of the actual pages of npcs and compleat a lot of info on other ones. But now it requires a rework, but as many info its incomplete i have not touch and i prefer to concentrate in the more watch pages that are the weapon and items, and leave the npc ones for the last. --Cizagna (Talk) 18:02, 8 January 2007 (UTC)
New NPC Template
Yes, i know im working on the Areas pages but as you can see im nearly done there. Just the Cania plains and Koalak mountain to update and then to add the new layout etc.
once that is done(im not sure if there is currently a standard NPC template)im going to(with permission) update the NPC pages so they all have a standard template, much like the weapon/item pages. So basically i have to complete the Areas Pages then maybe start this project.