Ecaflips or Ecaflip's Coin are the risk-takers of battle. With a wide array of stylish attacks, they gamble their lives on the turn of the cards or the roll of the dice. They have many interesting spells that can easily bring them to ruin, or elevate them to glory. True to their daring nature, they often tempt fate and fight on the front lines, sometimes even damaging themselves with their own spells. Their elemental spells are primarily Earth, with a few Fire spells tossed into the mix, and one Water-Air spell.
The characteristics most closely associated with this class are:
- Strength - It is most recommended to boost your Strength as high as possible to make full use of the majority of the Ecaflip's Earth-based spells, as in the Ecaflip/Strength build. Strength can be raised to 100 before reaching the soft cap.
- Agility - Bluff is an early, powerful attack that does Air damage 50% of the time. In addition, all Ecaflips benefit to some degree from raising it, both for the minor effect on Critical hit and increased odds of dodging and preventing dodges. Agility can be raised to 50 before reaching the soft cap.
- Chance - Bluff does Water damage the other 50% of the time, making Chance another attractive stat for an Ecaflip who relies on it. It is recommended to scroll your Chance up to 25 (as small Chance scrolls are very cheap) first for the Ecaflip/Chance build. Chance can be raised to 20 before reaching the soft cap.
The other characteristics are:
- Intelligence - Build with caution. Topkaj can be a potent attack and Intelligence boosts the healing portion of the Ecaflip's largely unreliable healing spells. The low soft cap of 20 means that an Intelligence-based Ecaflip has an uphill climb at best.
- Wisdom - A good set will take care of this one or boost this stat with scrolls; do not use characteristic points gained from leveling.
- Vitality - Somewhat useful. Some Ecaflip spells are self-harming and extra Vitality enables Ecaflips to survive them. This trait was more recommended when All or Nothing was the favored build, but is less useful now that its effect has been changed to be less reliable.
The Class spells available to members of the Ecaflip class are:
| An Earth attack that steals HP and knocks back the target. This is Ecaflip's special spell. Heals when used on allies.
|Heads or Tails||1||
|Inflicts Earth damage, then heals the target. Usually damages more than heals. Heals more on allies.|
|Ecaflip's Luck||1||Casts a buff that affects all damage done to a friendly target. Damage received will either be converted into healing, or multiplied into greater damage.|
|Feline Leap||1||Moves the caster one square. The casts per turn limit increases as it is leveled. It costs a mere 2 AP.|
Water or Air
| Inflicts either Water or Air damage. Highly random damage.
|Perception||6|| Reveals invisible traps and creatures to nearby allies. Also raises the caster's damage for a turn.
|Repercussion||9||Deals minor Neutral damage to the caster, and raises a target's Vitality and HP temporarily.|
|Clover||13||Increases a target's Critical Hits.|
|All or Nothing||17||
|Inflicts everyone in a wide Area of Effect. At the start of each character's turn, it deals Neutral damage, then heals. Heals more on allies.|
|Roulette||21|| Casts one of many random effects on all your allies, all your opponents, or everyone for 1 turn (2 for the caster).
|Strong ranged Fire damage.|
|Moderate ranged Fire damage with a small Area of Effect. Reduces range on a critical hit.|
|Wheel of Fortune||36||Doubles all damage done. Triples it on a critical hit.|
Kitten does Neutral damage.
|Summons Kitten, which induces Critical Failures upon the enemy, while also damaging or healing it. Its damage is greater than its healing.|
|Attacks with a very powerful Earth damage. It also damages the caster 50% of the time.|
|Smell||54||Randomizes AP and MP of nearby players. Usually increases.|
|Reflex||60||Greatly increases Agility.|
|Inflicts horizontal and vertical Earth damage and hurts any player within its Area of Effect. No Line of Sight necessary.|
|Claw of Ceangal||80||
|Inflicts Earth damage. Reduces the target's AP for several turns on a critical hit.|
|Has 50% chance of a critical hit. If successful, the target is hit with four powerful attacks, one of each element. If it fails to get a critical hit, the user loses 1 AP for the rest of the turn.|
|Fate of Ecaflip||100||
|Inflicts Earth damage. Subtracts an MP from the enemy for several turns on a critical hit.|
|Summoning of Ecaflip Dopple||200||Summons an Ecaflip Dopple|
Weapon Axe Bow Dagger Hammer Pickaxe Scythe Shovel Staff Sword Wand -10% -10% -5% -10% -10% -10% -10% -10% 0% -10%
The favored weapon of the Ecaflip is the Sword, which deals massive damage. Since most Swords require large amounts of Strength to equip, Ecaflips not focusing on Strength should instead use the more versatile Dagger. This is especially true for Agility-based builds as the high critical hit rate and damage of Daggers goes hand-in-hand with the critical hit boost of Agility.
°=Not recommended, +=Longshot build (require high investment), ++=Fun but challenging build, +++=Proven, solid build
|Pure elemental builds|
|Strength-based||+++||Daredevil build. Most popular. Has good range and becomes deadly in close combat. Starts off very weak but becomes progressively more powerful at higher levels.|
|Intelligence-based||++||Healer build. Requires scrolling and should not be your first character. Supportive and does damage at range. Unique for its long-range and wide Area of Effect healing capabilities. Very fun to play and great in both PvP and PvM when done properly.|
|Chance-based||+||Lesser variant of the Agility-based build. Uses Bluff and weapons, without the Critical Hit and dodging benefits of Agility. Requires scrolling and is difficult to play.|
|Agility-based||++||Gambler build. Easy to start, but challenging to master. Relies heavily on your luck and often fights in close combat. Bluff provides a very powerful attack in early levels, but becomes increasingly unreliable later on, unless you rely on Critical Hits to benefit from its huge damage. Daggers alongside support spells is another way to go.|
|Hybrid elemental builds|
|Agility + Strength||++||Variant of the Strength-based build. Trades damage for better mobility and Critical Hit rate. Has more weapon options, such as the Clawettes.|
|Intelligence + Vitality||++||Variant of the Intelligence-based build. More defensive.|
|Chance + Agility||+||Variant of the Agility-based build. Bluff deals more consistent damage.|
|Omni-elemental||+||A build that combines all elements together to make a build that is devastating at Player Vs. Player. Requires Scrolling.|
There is a general leveling guide at:
- Reading Ecaflip backwards gives "pilface". Add an "e" in between pil and face and you get pileface, which is pronounced roughly the same (as without the e) in French. This comes from the French expression "pile ou face", which is their version of heads or tails.