Dofus 1.29:Community Portal/Renaming a page
From Dofus 1.29
A wikia being based on links, renaming a page often implies more than using the renaming function. Here's a short procedure, using the Ftalmo as an example and renaming it to Phtalmo.
Renaming - Technically
- To rename a page, simply use the Move tab of the page to be renamed.
- The following window appears
- Type in the new name
- Type in the reason (frequently: 'IG name change') and validate
- A confirm window appears.
Congratulations, you have just renamed the page.
- Method 1
- In the confirm window: click on 'Links' following the old name to get a list of where the name appeared.
- Method 2
- Type the old name in the search field. You will be redirected to the new page, with the redirection displayed on top of the page.
- Click on the old name to get to the old page, which now displays a redirect link.
- Use the 'What links here' command in the toolbox.)
- Click on a link to go to the corresponding page and edit it.
- In the summary for the edit, type 'Corrected link (name change)' or something similar.
- Be sure to change all occurrences (the name may appear several times on a given page)
- Editing the name may imply reordering the list where it appears.
- Correct all pages. To go back to the list of old links, either:
- Use the Back button of your browser several times to get back to the list. Refresh it.
- Use method 2 described above
- All corrected entries should disappear. Here's an example of corrected list. User pages and administrative pages should normally be left untouched.
The final touch
- On the new page, add 'Formerly know as Old_name.'