Dofus 1.29:Community Portal/Portals
The following info its a short version from Wikipedia Portal namespace.
Portal was created by the Polish and German Wikipedias, then on 2005 was exported to the English Wikipedia.
The idea of a portal is to help readers and/or editors navigate their way through our wikia topic areas through pages similar to the Main Page. In essence, portals are useful entry-points to Dofus content.
Abstracting the idea
Ok so what are portals compose?.
- Custom name space
- Similarity with a main page
- Gathering links to the main articles from a specific topic or subject.
Ok how useful its each of the components of this portal idea?.
- Component its not really necessary. But it helps on easy to gather way for those pages.
- Component makes it more readers friendly, as it has a more segmented space by the different relevant on that same subject or topic, also it does not have to compete with other external subjects only his own subdivisions.
- Component has everything you need to know about that subject making it more easy to find info.
I have been studying various main pages, trying to get ideas that we can implement, i have seen that portals suit very well to some pages, also makes them so easy to find information.
But there are some questions that appear for us and those are:
- Should we use portals here?
- What could it fall into the portal page?
So this is to see what the community things about this decomposed idea, should we implement total or partialy this portal idea
- In the partial we will use the already existing pages like for example Profession and revamp it with this idea using the second and third components.
- In the full idea will be adding the portal name space, and chaging the page we have eg Profession to a more mechanic informative page.
Now i request Brain Storm on this, as this will help us move on the Nav bar and then on the reformat of the Main Page.